Yesterday my parents and I went to Shipshewana for the flea market and the Quilts. The Shipshewana Flea market is high class compared to the flea market's Juli and Craig took me to in Florida, but I did get a nice pair of $3.00 sunglasses in Florida. At the flea market in Shipshewana I bought $5.00 in barrettes, my mom bought a $4.00 soy candle, and my dad bought a $1.00 magnifying glass that you can put in you eye like they do at clock shops....why?...becasue he's my dad. It was HOT, but we had fun looking at shops. My mom found a sign that said "plant a man, and grow your own dope." It is weird that my mom found that funny, she's not usually a weird saying person. We shopped that flea market for a few hours then went into town to look at the Amish Quilts. I was in heaven!! I need to hurry up and complete the three I am working on so that I can start two more. I figured out what to do for our bedroom, and what type of quilt I want to make. I also decided how to decorate our dining room, and after telling Dave how I want to decorate both rooms he agreed. We may have only spent $10.00 between the three of us, but I had a great time shopping and looking in Shipshewana.Thursday, August 23, 2007
A little Trip
Yesterday my parents and I went to Shipshewana for the flea market and the Quilts. The Shipshewana Flea market is high class compared to the flea market's Juli and Craig took me to in Florida, but I did get a nice pair of $3.00 sunglasses in Florida. At the flea market in Shipshewana I bought $5.00 in barrettes, my mom bought a $4.00 soy candle, and my dad bought a $1.00 magnifying glass that you can put in you eye like they do at clock shops....why?...becasue he's my dad. It was HOT, but we had fun looking at shops. My mom found a sign that said "plant a man, and grow your own dope." It is weird that my mom found that funny, she's not usually a weird saying person. We shopped that flea market for a few hours then went into town to look at the Amish Quilts. I was in heaven!! I need to hurry up and complete the three I am working on so that I can start two more. I figured out what to do for our bedroom, and what type of quilt I want to make. I also decided how to decorate our dining room, and after telling Dave how I want to decorate both rooms he agreed. We may have only spent $10.00 between the three of us, but I had a great time shopping and looking in Shipshewana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Awwww I know your parents were so happy to have you for a whole day all to themselves! One reason I love you is because you always find the joy in the "little" things. Good luck with your quilts!
if you paid $5 for barretts then those Amish people totally ripped you off! :-)
or maybe because they are Amish they are spelled "barrettes". Sigh.
Post a Comment