Friday, June 06, 2008

It's National Doughnut Day!!!!

As a pregnant woman who cannot go into the bakery department of the local supermarkets without buying something... I would defiantly have to recognize and represent today. I have been up since 4:30 am trying to figure out why I can't sleep. I thought that maybe because it was hot and humid here, or maybe because it's my last day of school. But come to find out I don't think those are the reasons. After Dave left for work this morning I decided to get online... and what did I discover... it's National Doughnut day (that MUST be why I can't sleep). And in the article it mentions Sweetwaters Doughnut Mill... not Battle Creek... but Kalamazoo... a place I frequented while in college often. If only I could get a New York Cheesecake Doughnut today!!! Anyway here is the excerpt from the article of 10 best Doughnut Shops....

Kalamazoo, Mich.Sweetwater's Donut MillMultiple locations Self-proclaimed peddler of "big, gooey" donuts and known for its rustic, local atmosphere, Sweetwater's offers traditional flavors alongside more decadent donut fare like New York Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Cup. But the shop's tendency toward child-like indulgence is best experienced through its obsession with candy bars: check the Heath Crunch, Snickers and Mounds varieties.

So it's time to shower, start my day, and think about something besides doughnuts (okay everyone knows that I will not be able to make it to 8am without getting a doughnut today... SO WHAT!). Have a happy National Doughnut Day today!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were up at 6 am writing about doughnuts!!! LOL!!! that is frickin funny stuff!!!!