Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hey Babe... we have a problem

"Hey Babe... we have a problem"

These words do not say "good morning" or "isn't it a wonderful day?" No these words were said to me way to early this morning. Our problem was a leaking front bay window. A leak that took two buckets, six towels, and a hairdryer to clean up.
We called the roofing company... and it's amazing they actually have someone there at 6:30 in the morning!!! And they said they would maybe come out today I should sit by my cell phone. So at 7:30 we call the window company and they say "well... we have already been to your house in January for that..you need to call the roofing company". So I wait until 3:25 and the man shows up to tell us that we need new gutters... I called in so that I could be told that I have to get new gutters... at a time when I would have been home by if I went to work. IT SUCKS using your sick days when it's for something boring. Oh well... new gutters for the Buckingham home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about using sick days for house stuff. I had to take a day off for a fridge man to come fix. Of course he spent 15 minutes and said I need to order 2 parts and we can come back next friday. Then I had the nerve to see if we could set an appointment time since we knew what the problem was. Well bet you can guess the answer to that. Welcome to home owenership.

Weiss Women said...

Sorry babe! I hope all of your pictures turn out ok. If not I am sure they were all of my kids so I can get you reprints!
love you, Julianne

Anonymous said...

Were you able to update your wedding planner while you were waiting for the roofer? :)

Anonymous said...

Well, THink about it this way at least you do not own the money pit. Maybe you should rent that movie and laugh because it is not you:)