Sunday, October 15, 2006

Relax.... It's the weekend!

I forgot how much work painting is until I had a 3X3 foot section of the ceiling done. Not to mention that due to the marker and names written all over the walls we had to prime with two coats, and then paint with two coats of paint!!! DAve and I worked hard, but we finally painted our guest bedroom and even the CLOSET!!! We still have all the little things to do... you know the trim, the windows, the doors, and pulling up ugly carpet to see what condition our hardwood floors will be in. Pulling up the carpet is exciting. It's almost as exciting as opening a Christmas gift but instead of wondering what new thing you got... you wonder if there are any pee stains in the wood from previous animals. I take that back... from the children of the previous owners. They let them act like animals... writing in permant ink on the walls and woodwork... why not let them see how much water the capets can absorb!!!
After finishing the paint job in the bedroom, I took up the hallway carpet... and the wood floor there looks decent.... hopefully this week we will get the bedroom carpet up. It's my mission to have our house looking nice by Christmas... then I can sit around and eat junk instead of paint. We will re-finish our floors next summer, but at least the rest can be done until then!!!!

Now I know why some people buy thier house aready painted the colors they like... IT'S A LOT OF WORK!!!!!!

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Painting totally sucks! Good for you guys for doing your whole house! I am sure it looks even more amazing than the last time I saw it. So is it wrong to let your kids write with permenant marker? Won't I be stiffling their creativity? We only use washable markers here....and when they come to spend the weekend with Uncle Dave and Aunt Robyn they will bring the washables with them!
love, Julianne
ps...what's the bridesmaid dress update?

Robyn said...

BRIDESMAID UPDATE....

My mom and I went to the mall to look for cute tea length dresses. We found a couple black dresses... for about $80. I thought that would be better than $150. But I am still looking and then I have to get opinions on the dress. Blue boots are allowed. If your not embarrased neither am I. You will only make me look that much better!!!!