Monday, May 12, 2008
Why Food?
Have you ever thought about all the times you get together with your family? What do you do? What do your in-laws do? It seems to me that Americans will have every holiday surrounded by food. For mothers day this past weekend we went out Saturday night to celebrate Dave's mom day, and the rest of the mom Fletchers. We all ate a ton of food. Then on Sunday I went to breakfast with my dad and my grandma to celebrate mothers day. Then at my mom's we celebrated mothers day with a bar-b-Que. All of the "mothers day celebrations" included food. Strange really. Why don't we all go to a park and play bocce or corn-hole? Why not a baseball game and not eat? Why not mountain hiking with water strapped to our backs (okay that one is probably not possible). I'm just saying why do we make everything about food? So my favorite food this weekend... Rhubarb crisp. Thanks Carol for giving my mom Rhubarb, and thanks mom for making two pans of rhubarb crisp for those few Larson's that eat it. When I was little it used to be just mom and me that ate rhubarb (which was awesome!), now new members like it and we have to share;( BUT I still got to go home with an 8x8 pan filled with it.... it's not all gone yet, but not because I can hold myself back... I have learned in the past rhubarb is one of mother nature's best laxatives... yes I learned the hard way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I've had rhubarb pie one time and it was wonderful. I bet the crisp is even better. I don't think American's are the only ones who 'celebrate' with food. The German's do it as well...
Love ya! Kim
Post a Comment