Wednesday, November 26, 2008

6 weeks means...

A lot has happened this 6th week of life for Jack.
Monday I went back to work. It was difficult to leave Jack, but easy to return to a job I LOVE. It made it a little easier leaving because my dad has volunteered to watch Jack the next few weeks so we can avoid daycare, and leaving Jack with my dad made it easier. I still got teary eyed, but if I would have dropped him off at a daycare center I would have cried super hard! Students welcomed me back by... biting my right hand once (I told him to stop because I wasn't food... it worked), I had fingernails dug into my left hand because the student was over stimulated by the gym activities, I had a student head butt me four times in my bad arm (right on the sore humerus bone) because he had a headache~maybe?~~ (he's non-verbal so we don't know what he was trying to tell us), and kicked once (wouldn't let the runner run out of the gym). It's amazing after a day like that I can say I still love my job!
Tuesday The Student who said "I like you better skinny, not fat" the Thursday before I had Jack was happy to tell everyone that "Ms. Robyn is no longer FAT!" Thanks again for the confidence builder on my weight! I also got to swim with the Autism class and that is always a treat! Jack hung out with Grandpa and they worked through any cloth diaper issues that occurred!
Today- Jack had his one month check up (at six weeks!?!? not sure how that works). He now weighs 11 pounds 12 ounces (77th percentile). The doctor cheered that he gained so much weight then turned to me and said "I expect him to break 20 pounds by 5-6 months, usually they are still around 15 pounds at 6 months" (it was like he was preparing me for a chunky baby). He is 23 3/4 inches long (92nd percentile) the doctor who is 6 foot 6 said you have a tall thriving baby! I thought "I am sure your babies are tall!!! Jack will probably average out down the road". And his head circumference... well who cares about that (after the childbirth part) he was in the 62nd percentile. The doctor also said "I try to wait until 6 months to put infants on solid food, but I think we will be having Jack eat cereal before bed so he can sleep through the night at 4 months". Again, letting me know Jack may become chunky! Oh well who doesn't love a chunky baby?
Tomorrow- Jack will have his first Thanksgiving... and good thing he likes to eat because we are going to two Thanksgiving dinners.... I will eat at one and have desert at the other... okay I will have desert at both, I can justify the calories because I am nursing right?
Daves Co-Worker Someone that Dave works with had his sister make (knit) a hunter hat and booties for Jack. He even put them in a deer gift bag for Dave (even people at work know how much he loves hunting). Anyway, the hat fits and now Jack can go stroller around the woods because he has orange on! The shirt says "My first Tree Stand" it's a wooden high chair!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Enjoy your time with your family!!!! I know I will!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Girl. Great Post. Awesome pictures and nice to hear you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving.
Love you. Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn.
I'm blog stalking and I thought I'd write to see what you think of the cloth diapers. Are they working out ok? I love his little hunting outfit! He is so cute!
Kacie

gailiop said...

Hey Robyn! Welcome back to work! Adorable pictures too :) We just started Alex on cereal (4mts) I can't wait for him to sleep all night! sigh

As for daycare, I stepped into it like you. I had a volunteer for the first couple of weeks. But then I took him. It actually is GREAT he loves it. I did cry on my first day but then it's much easier after that. I actually think it is a little better because they get to socialize with other children and the workers there give ME input on how to handle things. It is rough in the beginning but really great once you get used to it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Gail

Weiss Women said...

I want to eat those toes!