It's that time of year. Time to make new memories and keep the old traditions alive. We put up our Christmas tree two weeks ago.
David and I have a deal...I put up the lights on the Christmas tree and David takes them off after Christmas. This works well for us because I hate to take lights off the tree and Dave hates to put them on the tree. This year we didn't get the White Pine Christmas Tree that we like to get because after hiking the 5 acre field we decided that all the White Pines were yellow and dying. So, we got a Scotch Pine. It looks nice, but my hands hurt from putting lights up and having the needles pricking my hands! Stella has decided that she needs to be in the middle of everything, so she was happy to be in the photo with Jack and Dave. 
Happiness is a funny thing. What makes you happy? For me it's nothing materialistic it's a smile. We see smiles everyday from spouses, friends, co-workers, and yet they aren't noticed often because it's something we see many times daily! Jack's smile makes me feel so happy,and so warm inside, something I never knew I could feel from a smile. I didn't realize until we had Jack how simple happiness can be. A smile~ a coo~ a poopy diaper (yes strangely changing diapers is a happy time because I get to spend time with Jack~ and he usually smiles to say THANKS). But the best thing Jack can doing right now to make me feel happy is SMILE at me or at Dave. Because nothing is more simple or pure as a smile from someone who means it. Below is a picture taken of Jack during Bath time. He loves the bath so far... he hates when it over because I assume he gets cold... but he loves to have a bath!!







3 comments:
Robyn,
Maybe I am over emotional, but your blog made me cry... I miss you & your smile! I love the video of Jack, the pictures, and your updated background. Merry Christmas.
I guess I am emotianal or really tired because it made me cry to. Thanks for reminded me of the simple things like a smile can do for people. Congratulations on being to upload to video to the blog it can be challenging.
Olivia wanted me to write: We love your baby, he talks so nice.
love, Olivia and Gwyneth
That is so adorable! We have the same mobile and just the music brings up so many memories. I loved listening to him talk!
Post a Comment