No, this is not a picture of my students. The students I work with aren't of legal age to tailgate the right way, nor would they stand this close to a PT Cruiser. However, they didn't complain about not playing basketball, nor did they tell me these games are for "white people"
Also not a picture of my class. Now if I showed the students this picture.... they might have said no to horseshoes. First of all the guy is using a rubber horseshoe...I guess to be safe. Not that the huge backstop wouldn't make this horseshoe game safe enough. But what's with the lady? Does he really need her to point which direction to throw the horseshoe? Maybe she's afraid of him throwing it at her. I don't know. A co-worker said to me "your going to give them real horseshoes to play with? Isn't that a little dangerous"? No. You want to know what's dangerous at the juvenile residential facility...showing up with fake/rubber horseshoes and telling them that you trust them 100%. Or that the rubber horseshoes are "real horseshoes".So what did you do at work today? Because I got to go outside on a perfect fall day and play horseshoes and BAGGO.
I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





3 comments:
I love the new layout! I love brown! Let's see...my day at work...We made m&m cookies, went to the gym and I didn't even have to change a poopy diaper today. That is because she pooped and then took her diaper off herself on the bathroom floor. Pretty clean day!
I am glad that you had a good day. I am concerned that your juvy kids get real horseshoes. I have heard too many bad stories...
So glad you get to play outside all day! Enjoy it before winter hits!
On a nice day I always include outdoor gait training with my patients. Good therapy for all of us! I love my job!
Post a Comment