Monday, December 03, 2007

Santa's Calling

Saturday night my parents, Dave, and I went out to eat after Dave went hunting. We were taking about Christmas presents and what we were thinking about getting Brenden and Kylie. So my mom came up with a great idea. She had my dad call Brenden and say he was Santa to see what he wanted for Christmas. Dad had a cold so his voice was deeper and didn't sound like him, so it was maybe a good idea. As my dad was dialing (Dave and I are laughing at this point) my parents remember that Brenden went to see Santa earlier in the day. So my dad thought that he would improvise.
When Geoff answered the phone Dad said "It's Santa Calling for Brenden". Geoff put Brenden on the phone. Dad says "Hi Brenden this is Santa, can you tell me what you want for Christmas? I lost your list"........ Brenden started crying.... Why did my dad think telling a 5-year old that Santa lost his list was a good idea? I am not sure. But Dave, my Mom, and I laughed so hard as my dad tried no to laugh and talk to Brenden. Kylie told Santa she wanted a "dollie". Later that night my sister left a message on both my voicemail and my parents answering machine telling us ideas of gifts to get the children.
On Sunday we saw Brenden and asked him if Santa called the night before...he said No and acted like it never happened. He did tell us that Kylie wasn't getting anything from Santa because she wouldn't sit on his lap.

No comments: