I haven't posted lately because I feel that I post about the baby a lot... and he isn't even here yet! But I don't care I am going to post about baby Fletcher again today.
Last week baby Fletcher sent me flowers telling me what a great job I am doing taking care of him. He also apologized for some of his recent moves into my organs, he said there just isn't enough room anymore. THE BEST part of the note from Baby Fletcher was that he asked if I would let "daddy hunt as much as possible, because I think I am going to like venison!". I think the conflict of hunting season starting October 1st, and the baby due date of October 10th is a little too much excitement for David this year!
So we only have 4 weeks from yesterday before he's here (give or take a week) and I think we are pretty ready, Dave has been ready for weeks, I am just starting to feel ready. It's been my first real week of pregnancy at week 36, you know....I actually feel pregnant/have symptoms of being pregnant. This week it's been hard getting in and out of my car for work (I travel to 5 schools a day), I notice a little more discomfort when carrying equipment into schools (so I will make my lesson plans for the next few weeks to use as light of equipment and I can). I am having braxton-hicks contractions several times a day (he's letting me know he's getting closer to arrival date). And that's about it with me.
Dave is getting excited, and let's everyone know how excited he is (I think that is great!), Yesterday a few friends from work threw me a baby shower and while I was there Dave started packing my hospital bag. He is doing a great job and had a list of things to pack and a list of things to buy. So last night after dinner with some friends we went to Meijers to get some things that we need to pack. And I called Juli for advice on what "type" of "things" I needed (I will leave it at that). So Dave has packed everything except my clothes... and I am not sure what to pack for that.
Dave and I are going to birthing classes and we have three more, but are due in four weeks so we hope that works out for us!. Last week we got to get a tour of the birthing center. The birthing rooms have a jacuzzi tub, birthing ball, rocking chair, a pull out sofa for Dave, TV/VCR/DVD, they are wireless, and the rooms are quite large rooms ~well unless you have a c-section then they put you in a post postpartum room that is half the size of the birthing rooms~! With all the amenities they do have, they don't have a hairdryer, room service, or a kennel for Stella but I think it will work out just fine.
So that is it for here. I got to hold three infants yesterday. A four month old boy, A four week old boy, and a three week old preemie (5 lbs still). I think that got me ready to meet the newest Fletcher. We have been waiting so long.... we are finally ready for his arrival!
I am off to a quilt show in a little while.... and I need to go buy cinnamon rolls... they sound REALLY good!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I am so excited that little Fletch is coming soon! I can't wait to read your future posts on leaking boobs and poopy outfits!! Yea!! I love you guys!
Post a Comment