Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 20, 2008

A beginning conversation at my baby shower yesterday.....
Carrie "I'm surprised, Robyn doesn't even really look pregnant. I hope she looks bigger when she stands up" Becky Chau "Oh she's got the pregnancy look.... did you see her ankles?!?" Carrie "Hey Robyn what happened to your ankle bones?"

Then a lot of laughing at my one cankle.... yes my left leg still has ankle bone, but all is lost on my right side.
So if you haven't seen me in person, I am carrying the baby well. I have gained 15 lbs (as of my appt last week~ no I won't tell you my total weight) since the start of the pregnancy so far and everyone tells me I only look 4-5 months pregnant. When I go to the doctors they say everything is great and I am measuring perfectly (of course it's perfect). So there... I might not be a house but on some warm days, especially lately, or when I walk a long ways to watch my nephew play soccer.... and score a goal....my feet swell and it hurts. But I am not complaining because all is well here.

THE SHOWER:
The shower was awesome we played a name game and a name the product game. As the name game was going on I again was asked 1,000 times what the babies name is. IT'S A SECRET! We have less then three weeks to the due date, I'm not going to blow it now! After the games I was SHOWERED with gifts. I am amazed by all the things the baby Fletcher received from loving family and friends. From a thermometer and medicines to handmade sweater, booties, hats, quilts, and blankets!!! Baby Fletcher will be warm, and always near something handmade with love. After opening the millions of wonderful gifts we got to eat cake. And I will admit that I ate a second piece of cake... and so did a lot of the other women. It was white cake with raspberry/custard filling and IT WAS GOOD! In fact we ate the entire cake... that doesn't happen often! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OR SENT GIFTS.

Last Night:
I should have taken a picture of my car all packed with gifts. There was barely any room for Stella in the back seat! but we were able to get everything home and we had fun looking through everything again. I let Dave open everything, and we got to laugh and get excited again about our little one. After opening gifts Dave said "I am really ready for him to be here", me too Dave, me too. Here are some pictures from last night.... I forgot to get pictures from the baby shower... I will have them next time I go to my parents house.



Dave looks at all our gifts, the battery pack, quilts from Amanda and Grandma Hoglen, and reads to me out of the Baby's first year book.

Well that is all for now....... off to do baby laundry!

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Well I suppose that if you have ONLY gained 15 lbs. so far (because I gained 7 in the last month alone) you can have cankles. So there. Those blankets and quilts are amazing. Fletch will love them! I vote for the first name Fletch. It will make it easy for him to learn now to spell his first and last name. The time is getting close!! love you both.