Thursday, September 04, 2008

Blog Stalking

Julianne's Friend Allison left a comment on my blog the other day, She started it by saying I'm not a stalker.... and introduced herself. It made me realize that I often look at others blogs through Juli's site. Or I will go to blogs of people my friends and family know by clicking on their blue name under comments. I wonder how many other people do this too. I do not have a public blog, so people either have to have the address for this site, or link onto it through a blog site that I know. SO, my question is... Is it considered blogger stalking to look at blogs but not comment or is it worse to look and comment? Do you officially have to meet someone in person to have the right to comment, or should it be if you can relate and leave a comment then you should (even if you only know them through a blog)? (anyone can comment about this-stalkers or non-stalkers~heehee) I vote for stalker blogging... thanks Allison... I may now become a blogger stalker openly!

7 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I don't know if there are specific rules about reading blogs. But this is what I think...if you sell advertising on your blog then you are interested in whom ever reading your blog. I stalk a lot of sites like that. I leave comments sometimes too. But when Dooce has 3000 comments on a post I doubt she reads mine! But still sometimes I am motivated. If I read a private blog like yours or mine I usually let it be known that I got the website from a friend and just want to let you know I am reading it. So if they track their readers they don't wonder who the psycho from NE is who is reading their blog because HONEY WE DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN NE!! So I guess I stalk and don't stalk all at the same time. The lines are so blurry there. I say Happy Stalking!! And of course I can vouch for YAllisons coolness! And that might make you feel better because she is a nice friend of a friend stalker/reader. I don't mind those! love you, Julianne

Anonymous said...

Since we're discussing my stalking abilities, I again feel the need to comment! Robyn, this makes me giggle. I stared at the computer for at least 10 minutes that day before I thought maybe it was OK to post a comment. It was just one of those "all moms need to know other moms or moms to be have been in the same situation" moments. I felt really weird about it though and am grateful you were so open! Sometimes I feel quite intrusive reading other peoples blogs I link to, which are not public. I try to convince myself I am just interested in reading what other moms have to say.....likely I am just nosy! SO, Julianne's job the next time she comes to Michigan, is to introduce us so I am no longer a blogger stalker!

Anonymous said...

I never thought of myself as a blog stalker, but I guess I have been for a few years! I didn't know until reading Juli's post that bloggers can track their readers-I'm not sneaky like I thought! So Robyn, just so you know I keep up with your blog regularly (and Kim's too!) and can't wait to start seeing pics of your little boy!

Crazy Mom said...

I'm a friend of Juli's and I guess I'm a blog stalker too. Maybe we should have a support group???

Good luck with baby boy. I have 2 (but you'd know that if you stalked me back, ha!) and well...good luck. I like reading your blog to remember how it was when they were newborn, and sweet and cute. BEFORE they turned into poo flinging boneheads...

Sigh...

XOXO from Chicago,
Jen

Anonymous said...

post something new

Weiss Women said...

I like Poo flinging boneheads!! Can girls be that too? Dress shoe hurling whiners? That sounds better! love, Julianne

Robyn said...

Funny... I think I have blog stalked all of you too!!! heehee