
Next is a picture of our living room "before". Notice the lamp on the wall... it is permanently mounted, but the cord is plugged into a wall outlet. Also, the nice chandelier at the end of the photo, I believe that it originated with the house back in the 1950's!!!

Above the TV another light that is BOLTED into the wall, it also had the plug going to a wall plug. If you haven't noticed the incredibly beautiful carpet... now's the time to take a look. It's maroon with large gray/pink flowers. It is industrial strength. And according to the house inspector it would last another 30 years, when I asked him if he wanted it because we were removing it... he politely declined.
So here is what we have done. It still needs a little work, however I think it's much better. Dave fixed all the plaster and holes in the walls, I did most (not all) the painting. Yes the wonderful carpet was covering hardwood floors that we will eventually have redone, but they aren't too bad. Can you find Stella?
This picture is blurry sorry about that!!! We replaced all the lighting in the room. And Dave only got slightly annoyed/frustrated with the wiring. The bay window is to the left of the picture, it gives A LOT of light for us and my plants. I really enjoy the big window in our living room. So that's it for now. I will post more pictures another day... I have to get you to look at the BLOG again another day!





2 comments:
Your place looks great. I really like the color combinations. Maybe we could plan a trip to the bridal shop in Fowler and we could stop at your place, too. I'd love to see it. Congratulations on setting the date. The reception grounds look very beautiful. Love, D.
Wow! YOu should be on trading spaces. THe house lloks great. Try not to overwhelm yourself with all of the decorating:)
Post a Comment