Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Justification

As I was doing laundry today my thoughts began to wander. As I was ironing our tablecloth I started thinking about my iron. And I thought about so many of my friends and family member who have said that they would not buy me a $90 iron... or pulled me away from the irons saying "ROBYN!!! You cannot spend that much money on an iron!". No, this blog isn't me saying to all of you that I went out and bought my dream Rowenta iron (by the way $90 is one of the cheaper Rowenta irons). But it's to say that if some girls can justify buying $90 jeans to make them look prettier (or their butts look better), then I can just as easily justify a $90 iron to get the wrinkles out of my tablecloth. Also, it's me venting my frustration that I didn't see the Jo-Anns ad until after Saturday... and they had a $90 Rowenta iron for $35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well... off to dream about irons.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for you to register for a wedding for 10 years. You will get the iron of your dreams, don't think we forgot! I would much rather buy a $90 pair of jeans (not that I have any!) than an iron I will never use. I still have a $10 iron I bought in college and I pretend that I don't know where it is and that I don't know how to use it.
love ya, Julianne

Anonymous said...

When I get my new fancy iron... I will donate my old iron to you, and I will even come to NE to show you how to use it:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my darling, Do not misunderstand me. I do not want to know how to work the iron. I want to remain in the dark. Thanks for offer. I will just ship my ironables to you and you can iron them with your massive $90 iron. An iron like that truely deserves a workout. Operated by a master.
love you, Julianne

Anonymous said...

I didn't misunderstand you... I thought that the dry cleaners could use a day off from ironing Craigs Dress Shirts!!!!

Anonymous said...

What features does a $90.00 iron have? I just bought a $49.00 Rowenta to replace my 32 year old GE (which really wasn't worn out).

Anonymous said...

It figures that the long lost daughter and mother would have an online discussion on Rowenta irons. Leslie: Did you even know that there were different brands of irons? I didn't!
-Julianne

Anonymous said...

wow so much talk about ironing??