Monday, October 15, 2007
What's for dinner?
Do you hear something like this at your house? For Dave and me it's more like "what should we have for dinner tonight"? It can take us an hour (or more) to decide on something... the problem is we are limited to the groceries we have in the house or we know it's a trip to Meijers. It sucks, because even if we try to plan a menu ( shop ahead) for a weeks worth of dinners....we still struggle hours. Sometimes (weekly) I call a friend to see what they are having for dinner to see if I have the same groceries in my house to have the same meal. It's funny really... because when we go out to eat it takes us only minutes to decide what we are eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
go to the kraft web site put what stuff you have in the house and you get a meal idea. Of course I know this because even if we have a weeks worth of groceries it doesn't include what we are in the mood for. Of course we know some local specials that we go to regulary. Like the 1.50 happy meals on Tues of course this is a delmia because we can also get a huge plate of spagtti for 2.99 on Tuesdays.
Better yet, just eat our Pot Pies and Peanut Butter :)
CW
Hey Girl! I was just perusing Julz's blogs and found you.GIIIRRRRLLL, Have I got some answers for you! Ofcourse, one of my favorite past times is reading cookbooks. But I'll make this quick. A)...yes Go to Kraft's website and sign up for their FREEEEEE magazine. It's a total publicity stunt to get you to buy more of their products. However, they have great, realistic, easy and very tasty recipes.
We have a blackboard at my house and we pick 10 entrees for 2 weeks, list all the ingredients we need from each recipe, and get it at the grocery store. So, on Monday, "What do you want for dinner?" "I don't know, what do we have?" Never comes up because we can just look at our nifty little list and choose.
I'm very passionate about my menus and my food. Can you tell?
Happy day,
Leslie (Omaha)
www.momontherocks.com
Post a Comment