The room had a lot of artwork of a child. In this case it was drawn in permanent marker. It took 3 coats of primer to cover the marker so that it wouldn't show through the paint we put on.
The previous owner was a doctor.... but he wasn't very smart. Notice the closet doors, one is hung upside down and has packing tape holding the bottom together.
Now I can blog a little about the carpet. It was awful. I think it's what went in his doctors office. And he got such a good deal on it he brought it home and used it. Also, the plugs were two prong. Dave got to spend time changing the electrical over.
Our comfy guest bedroom (I think it's comfy anyways)!!! I made the curtains, but not the duvet cover.
Okay... It's not the spare bedroom, it's my sewing room. But I had to prove I made the curtain. At first I was frustrated, but then I figured it out and it was easy. I didn't even have directions to go on...just my own creativity. (notice my OUTSTANDING iron!!!! It's set-up 24/7)
I zoomed in a little to show off the Colts Pillow I made Dave. It matches the room, and it put's a little bit of his taste in the room.

I wanted to show off two pictures (hey it's my blog... if your bored leave). The one on the left is from England. My Aunt and Uncle got it for Dave and I for part of our wedding present. The one on the right is a cross-stitch that has rocking chairs and a quilt on it. It's from my Grandma and Grandpa Hoglen.
And a mirror that was hand-painted (yellow, blue, and white~ the room colors) by Sally for another wedding present.





3 comments:
It is perfect! I would love to stay there some night! It looks like such a pleasant place to be. Great Job!
I love that room. You guys did a great job - love the color choices. I just may stay there one night, you never know!
Are we invited? I think the room looks great & I would love to stay there one of these days. Love you & miss you! Kim
Post a Comment