Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Reflections and Resolutions

2007~ Reflections~

It was a great year for most part. Dave and I got married bringing many family members and friend from around the country and world to Michigan. Went to Da' U.P. to camp for our honeymoon. Dave and I got to go to Mexico and watch Rob and Damary get married. Lets not forget the Colts won the super bowl. Many of us turned 30!!! Some already passed 30, and gained another year closer to retirement. I got 65 stitches and a hole in my humorous bone. Dave got a DEER! Okay that's most the big stuff I am sure I left things out. I love everyone who was able to visit in June, or had us in their thoughts on the 30th if they weren't able to be in Michigan.

My last few photos from 2007

Here are Juli and Craig at 17 West. It's a yearly thing to go there and eat as much as we can!



Juli and me looking FOXY!
Dave and Juli relaxing on the couch. We had to spend some time in a sitting area after dinner because we ate so much!!!

A Quilt that Amanda made for her Mother in Law. I got my picture with it because I helped her make it. We know its a bright interesting quilt, but if you knew Sue you would understand the bright colors and the frog squares!!!


Resolutions for 2008!!!

Dave and I went to Amanda and Eric's to celebrate the new year. We did FONDUE X 3. we had one oil for the meat and veggies, one cheese, and one chocolate for bananas and nutter butters!!! We then got to play Euchre first with Amanda's sister and then Amanda Dave and I played. We had so much fun we didn't even watch the ball drop this year.... and I didn't even see it on t.v. the next day. But that's okay I remember the last 30 years it doesn't change much from year to year.

I am sure everyone has New Years Resolutions and things they want to improve in their life. ME? Well being perfect makes it hard to find something to improve upon....heeheehee. I am working on "feeling better". What does that mean? Well part of my New Year's Resolution is to figure it out. Although I am pretty sure that will result in me realizing that I need to organize our house better, spend money more wisely, and eat better. So there you go I have the same New Years Resolution as everyone else. I am pretty sure the organizing my house will take me until 2009.... so I can start the other resolutions in 2009 if I fail in 2008. WOW can you make a 2009 resolution when it's only the 2nd day of 2008?I Tickled Kylie at Grandma and Grandpa Hoglens house. She doesn't like wearing shoes and socks either!!!Papa Hoglen was looking at all the snow with Kylie out the sliding door. On New Years Day.Dad and I went for a walk today at MSU. We wanted to get some good pictures of the snow. I think I took a good one of him.It was 14 degrees out and I forgot to bring a coat. I don't usually need one unless it's below 20. My dad and I kept commenting on the "chilly air". I didn't realize it was below 20 until we were walking around campus.A Picture of the Red Cedar from the bridge by spartan stadium.


Hee Hee HEEE I told dad the lens on the camera was dirty he was looking and probably thinking "it's not dirty" when I took this picture. His wrinkled brow and smirk says "I think Roby's pulling my leg". I thought that I was a little funny. And if you know my dad you might think it's funny too!!!

LOVE TO ALL HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

The snow is beautiful! I wish we would get some here, instead we get sub-zero temps and freezing rain!