You may think I am going to talk about David Cook, Brooke White, or how amazed I am that Amanda Overmyer made it as long as she did on season 7. But your wrong. I am talking about my good friend Julianne who has two daughters under the age of 5 and still goes to the gym daily. Yes her bar, I mean gym, serves beers by the pool and allows her to drop off her children in day care for three hours at a time... but I know Juli doesn't do that. She goes to the gym and works her butt off, and if she has a good day she will buy a bag of M & M's to share with her daughters on the way home (she gives them the ugly light brown color that nobody wants to eat even though they all taste the same-that's what good mom's do).
So this week I have decided to emulate Julianne and I have gone to the gym three out of the last four days. I swam a half mile on Sunday and I went to water aerobics class twice. The first class was easy, and today I pushed myself a little harder. The instructor asked all the "new" participants if they have taken water aerobics before. There are only three new people. The other two said no and I said I used to do water aerobics a lot. She asked if I used to take a class because it looks like I knew the moves. I told her how I used to teach water aerobics and her response was "oh" with an awkward silence and nod after that. I understand what she was thinking. When I taught at WMU I was always worried that people that had taught classes that I taught would judge me and my teaching. I wondered if they thought that I wasn't pushing them hard enough, did the WMU football players believe that I knew enough about weight training to teach them? It's hard to have people with a lot of understanding in a particular subject in your class while you teach the subject. Maybe that's why I am in the teaching field I am in. Most students in elementary through high school don't know a lot about fitness, especially ones that have special needs and just want to play with basketball with their peers.
Anyway, I just wanted to say I know it's only been one week.... but once you get in the habit of working out it's easy to keep going. Kind of like crack.... it's addicting!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You are too kind! Thanks hot Mama! But you know that 3 hour time block, beer and m&m's are a HUGE incentive for attendance! As soon as the pool opens we are starting our Wednesday's by the pool Ladies Only Meeting. But yeah I work out too! I am glad that you are enjoying it! Go Robyn! Love, J
Post a Comment