Saturday, April 26, 2008

Exciting Moments!!!

Yesterday Dave and I had our 16 week appointment. Everything was good, I've lost 3 pounds, but I have been exercising more and eating healthier.... it's not all about me anymore. IT WAS A GREAT APPOINTMENT!!! Last time they weren't able to hear the heartbeat so we got an ultrasound and got to see the baby and the heartbeat, but I still needed to hear the heartbeat. In the past week two of my friend have told me that hearing the heartbeat was so overwhelming... that they cried. So yesterday when the Doctor said "that's it" I looked at Dave and all I could do was smile.... maybe the biggest smile I have ever had. I didn't cry, maybe because of the last appointment, and the last appointment I was so nervous I couldn't cry because it was just plain relief that there was a little one. So yesterday Dave and I got to experience the exciting moment of hearing the heartbeat and thinking what a miracle it is to have a little baby growing inside me.
Another exciting moment this week occurred on Monday, and I am not talking about possible new stretch marks I may have noticed... I am talking about Matt and Mary. They found out that they are having a little girl. I shall call her "princess buckelew". Until they tell me what her real name will be. Yeah for Matt and Mary... little girls are just wonderful (I hear), I know I was wonderful as a little one.

3 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Congratulations to Matt and Mary! A princess for sure!

Maybe a princess for you too? Hmm...
love you, Julianne

Kim said...

Robyn, I am so happy for you & Dave. I am way behind on your blog because you NEVER sent me the link when I asked you too... We got a new computer and I kept typing daveandrobyn... Anyway, I finally remembered Julianne has a link on her blog, so I am back.

I also want to congratulate Matt and Mary; you all must be excited to have kids that are the same age!

Love you all. Kim

Anonymous said...

Ummmm.... I never got that e-mail. I'm sorry, Is that why you haven't posted naything new in a while. I keep looking for new castles and beers....