It's was our one year anniversary this week (Monday). We didn't do much, which was surprisingly nice! We seem to go, go, go, so sitting home for an evening was perfect. Because we just got our oak floors re-finished,

OLD FLOORS before being re-finished last week!
Floors AFTER being re-finished!
and we bought a new couch and recliner (we pick it up today... YEAH!!!! no more sitting on the floor!). Because we had been so busy and had been buying a lot of stuff, we decided not to do presents. However, I got Dave a one year subscription to a hunting magazine, and he got me the most perfect flowers! What I like best about Dave getting me flowers is that he hand picks every flower at the flower shop instead of just buying a bouquet already put together. It's surprising at times how well he knows what flowers I love the most.

My flowers for our one year Anniversary! Aren't they beautiful?
Then there's our cake. It's tradition to have the same cake as you had on the wedding day for the first anniversary. So I did that and I had to put a picture on the blog because it's quite humerus really. Amanda had class in Lansing on Monday so she picked up the cake from Continental Pastries in Battle Creek (where we got our wedding from last year) but by the time it got here it was a little soft because it was hot out. Here is how I played it off....

Here is how it really looked. The picture doesn't really show how lopsided it was!.
IT STILL TASTED GREAT!!!!!
Other new things for us.... Dave started a new position at work. He now works on the Ford line making the new FLEX vehicle. I am surprised by how large the vehicle is!!! I thought that everyone was switching to small cars with gas prices?!?! Here's a small picture of the large vehicle.
Anyways, Dave got a raise and seems to like the new line just as well as the warehouse, it's busier work but there's more to do which makes the day go faster.
I am getting bigger, I actually look pregnant now (instead of the "is the just fat or is she pregnant" look). I am starting to notice sore feet, and after gardening yesterday a sore lower back. I think gardening it out until next summer. I was very uncomfortable last night, and I only gardened for an hour or two. That's all for now... I know it's been a while to I tried to leave a little update on our busy, yet not busy, lives!
2 comments:
David is lazy! No one on his line even likes him....Trust me I know they told me..his boss is about ready to give him the boot! Better luck next time poop nugget.
Happy Anniversary!! I love the cake! I am sure it was delicious! And your floors are amazing! I can't wait to see them in person!
love, Julianne
Post a Comment