Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 4th




Dave and I went to Battle Creek for the 4th of July. Dave worked very hard and used a heavy rototiller to till up a large garden area for my mom, and also an area to plant food for the deer he wants to shoot in the fall. Between the tilling we went our to Ollie's cottage almost daily to fish. My dad went with us once and was a fish catching machine (pan fish) but we were able to keep a lot of them. We caught quite a few every trip, and Dave caught a 14 in bass, I caught a perch, and we both caught a lot of pan fish (bluegill and crappies). Becky, Brenden, and Geoff even went out with us one day and they were all able to catch fish as well. It was nice being able to go fish on a quiet lake daily. We only wished that Ollie and Joelle were there to fish with us!!! Brenden was excited because he caught a 7-8" bass, and it was hard on his little pole to reel it in. It was the "biggest fish" he has ever caught!

We have our new couch and chair in our living room. One of the cushions has a scratch in it :( But the repair man came today and took pictures of the scratch and they will be replacing the cushion with a whole new one once it comes in. Besides that we love our new La-z-boy couch and chair... they make it even easier to be LAZY!!!! The couch reclines and the chair rocks and reclines, which will be nice for the baby. Yes, in the background behind the couch is my sewing machine... I am still working on a quilt for our bedroom that Dave finished a couple months ago. I plan on getting it done over the summer, but I also have other quilts to work on and make as well.


That's it for now, Dave and I are off to Sugatuck and South Haven tomorrow to enjoy the lake and also to shop for some art work. Hopefully we can find something that we would like to hang in our living room or our dining room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cough looks great and floors look great.

Anonymous said...

I mean couch looks great did notice spelling error until posted.

Anonymous said...

Look at Davids face in the picture... hahahahah what a tool!!

The living room looks good..did you call BeckyF Home Interiors to help you with that?

Anonymous said...

I knew you wouldn't miss the face. I think he was making a face like the Bass... or maybe he was surprised that he caught a Bass that was big enough to keep!