I guess there was one funny moment during labor. Dave was an AWESOME coach and helped me get through the pain with the breathing techniques we learned in childbirth class. I would never have gotten through the labor without an epidural without his help, encouragement, and him saying how great I was doing. While breathing Dave would lean in to me putting our foreheads together because that is where I would pull him, as if having pressure between out foreheads would help me forget about the labor pains. So I was having a contraction and I pulled Dave in close and he was breathing with me... but I got annoyed and put my hand in his face, pushed really hard, and said "GET OUT OF MY FACE". I then hear my mom and his mom laughing over in the corner, and Dave had this look of confusion on his face because he was just doing what we had been doing the past hour, and he just wanted to help. I defiantly am SO happy and proud that Dave stayed so calm and helped me through every contraction and push. He is the reason I was able to do it.
The first photo of Jack and me without me wearing a hospital gown. I think he is so cute!
Dave feeding Jack for the first time at the hospital.
Jack hardly ever cries, I am sure that will change in the future. I was trying to get a photo of him wearing the PJ's and Dave was getting his food ready and he didn't want to wait anymore. So it's a good view of his gums.... they look healthy don't they?!?!?
Things are going pretty well for our new family, off to take a nap!
4 comments:
Seems that Dave is a little upset that nobody thinks Jack looks like him but when you look at this picture he looks just like his Dad
ha ha ha aren't you clever!
jack's dad
Oh he is adorable! And don't worry Baby Daddy he has your eyebrows. :) Robyn you look hot! I can't wait to kiss Jack's chubby and cute cheeks!
Robyn, Good labor story! Jack is such a beautiful baby with amazing parents.
I can't wait to see all of you.
Post a Comment